Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Life In A Nutshell


Hi everyone! I've finally decided to take my first step into the blogging world. I've been documenting a large portion of my life through LiveJournal for the past six or seven years and used DeadJournal even before that. While I still use LiveJournal pretty frequently to browse communities and stay up to date with online friends, I stopped updating my own personal journal as much as I used to when I felt that I had nothing new to say that would interest anyone. I chose the name, "Don't Spill The Milk!" because I find myself saying things like this pretty often with a toddler running around. I don't know where this blog will take me, if anywhere, but I want to make a promise to myself that I will have fun with it and update it to share and remember all of the memories that I'm making with my amazing little family. Maybe I'll even throw in some yummy (and simple!) recipes that I enjoy cooking and other fun stuff.

If you're reading this, you may already know who I am. For those who don't, my name is Colleen and I am a 22 year old wife and mother. I married David, my boyfriend of five years at the time, on July 12, 2010 and gave birth to my son, Brody on February 2, 2011. My little guy and best friend in the whole world is now 16 months old and time is flying! Sometimes it feels like he's been here forever and other times it seems like he was just born yesterday. And trust me, he gets crazier every day. I love the age he is at now, but I also can't wait for him to get bigger so we can experience new and fun things together. We used to live in New Jersey, but moved down to Florida almost a year ago. I've wanted to live down here for pretty much forever and my dream finally came true! No more snow or cold weather, it's like heaven. I'm so glad that we moved here because I already know that it's going to be a wonderful place for Brody to grow up. He's already friends with the little girl next door who's only about six months older than him. The only downside to living here is that we are pretty far away from David's family. He's originally from Virginia and while New Jersey was only a six hour car ride away, Florida is about thirteen hours, if not more.

I don't want to make my first post too long and boring, so I'm going to end it here with some pictures of Brody. Each picture was taken three months apart. It's crazy to see how much he has grown!



1 comments:

Marjorie said...

Colleen, I don't know why, but I feel compelled to ask you if you have heard of It Works! They're located in Bradenton, FL, which is not too far from you. They have created this Crazy Wrap Thing that tightens, tones and firms skin wherever it is placed. People are detoxifying and sculpting their bodies with this. I know that you don't know me and I apologize for barging in on you. As I said, I just felt compelled to contact you :). If you're interested in taking a look, you can check it out at my website www.trimyourbod.com Watch the video under "Opportunity" - it does a really good job of covering the products and what they do in the first half (the rest is about the business). You can also reach me on 208-964-4360 if you'd like to chat!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...